Updated: May 26
By Susan Brooks
Instead of my asking “How are you doing,” what I really want to ask you is Susan, “how are you feeling right now?”
Time for a deep breath to congratulate yourself. You’ve never survived a pandemic before. You’ve never been held hostage in your own home before. You are here!
Let’s check in to see how you are feeling now before you can get ready for your next step:
· Has your initial panic dissipated?
· When was your last meltdown?
· Are you still sleep-walking through your days?
· Maybe, just maybe, you are starting to ruminate...starting to think about ‘what’s next?
· Has this quarantine given you some fertile ground for new ways of thinking?
· Do you experience anticipation (or fear?), knowing that soon, very soon, doors will be open-wide and Life will present you with your ‘new normal?’
Right NOW is the perfect time Susan, the greatest opportunity to start vision-ing something better for your Self, your work, your relationships, and community.
Imagine this: a new beginning, a new way of working, a new way of living your life to the fullest! Give yourself time while there’s still plenty of it right now!
As my good friend and colleague Fatimah Halim says: The quieter you become the more you can hear.
So, get quiet...and LISTEN SOFTLY:
• To the ‘sound of silence’
• To the language of the birds
• To your shallow or deep breathing
• To all the thoughts swimming in your head
• To ideas that flash you forward
• To what you know to be true
• To what scares you
• To what surprises you
• To something new in the familiar
You’ll see, once you’ve accumulated a ton of ‘notes to yourself’ and napkin scribbles, you’ll be ready to identify the lessons, insights, and observations you’ve learned in this quarantine. This will keep you focused and ready to embrace the CHANGES and GROWTH that will move your business and you forward.
Innovation almost always comes from those individuals who see a chance to make things better. Instead of waiting, they go first. - Seth Godin
You are now READY to RESET!
Here are 5 RESET Questions to consider as your priority. They will help you manage your mind with specifics and by-when timelines:
• Identify what people, places and things need to change...and why?
• What new policies and practices do you need to evaluate when you return to work? ( ie Social hygiene must be at the top of your list)
• In surviving the initial panic, who did you realize was missing in action? (ie With all the immediate and urgent funding, was your banker, CPA, bookkeeper ‘at the ready’ to serve you?)
• What did you learn about your team during this time? Who showed up? Who didn’t?
• What did you learn about yourself as a leader? What will you do better?
Here’s an Invitation worth considering Susan:
I’ve been told by my clients that I’m a good listener and that I also ask good questions without judgement. Let me help! Let me listen! Let me coach you with my 30-year experience...
Email me Susan@susanlbrooks.com to set up our zoom time.
Susan Brooks Business Specialist
Speaker, Trainer and Consultant
Ready to transform your organization.